Monday, March 16, 2009

How do I enable the search feature on a Windows Sharepoint Services 2007 site

How do I enable the search feature on a Windows Sharepoint Services 2007 site


I've got a WSS site with a number of documents in different document libraries. I'd like to be able to collect all the files for a given client with one search (the client name is a value denoted in a column). I wouldn't mind doing a flat search though. For example: if our client is Company X, I'd be willing to find all the documents that contain "Company X" in any value, however the search utility is most convenient.



With that said, when I attempt to search, I get the message: "The search request was unable to connect to the Search Service."



Can anyone give me a hand with this feature?


This Question was asked in Sharepoint Examples Category.
Tags :
"
View Answer to This Question

No comments: