Monday, March 16, 2009

Restoring Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) sites to same server

Restoring Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) sites to same server


I'm testing our DR plans for SharePoint Portal Server and I want to test the backups I've made of the WSS sites using stsadm.exe. Can anyone advise how I can restore each site backup to the SAME SERVER (with a different name, of course) to test the backups worked ok? Obviously I don't want to make any changes to the Portal site or any exisitng WSS sites. Do I need a new content DB? Should I set up a new managed path for the restores? If so, how? I want to use stsadm.exe (-restore) to restore the sites. Any help or advice would be most welcome.


This Question was asked in Sharepoint Restore Category.
Tags :
"
View Answer to This Question

No comments: